A lot of people who suffer from leaky gut syndrome are unaware of the variety of natural supplements and herbs available for treading this condition. These herbs have been around for centuries and have been used by our ancestors to treat multiple conditions. Because of today’s extensive production and use of synthetic presctiption drugs, we forget the value of natures natural cures (Read more natural cures for leaky gut here).
Among the most common herbs for healing leaky gut naturally are:
- Cat’s claw is the thorn of the Amazonian plant leaves that resemble cat claws. Root bark is its medicinal component which is made into capsules, dried herbs, tablets, teas, or tincture forms. Indigenous South Americans used this plant in treating digestive problems, arthritis, inflammation, ulcers and healing wounds. The anti-inflammatory power of the plant works through your immune system. It also alleviates Crohn’s disease, diverticulitis, gastritis high blood pressure, HIV and ulcerative colitis.
- Chamomile, from the sunflower family, is made into a tea by boiling German chamomile in hot water. It has been a favorite beverage for the past hundred years. Chamomile is beneficial in treating a variety of stomach problems. It is a natural cure for leaky gut as it aids in overall digestion, eases the symptoms of IBS, and soothes stomach aches. To promote digestion, it is combined with peppermint.
- Goldenseal is one of nature’s natural cures used by early Native American tribes to treat skin problems, stomach disorders, and sore eyes. It is now one of the most popular herbs in the US as its natural supplement effectively treats leaky gut induced by candida. Due to its alkaloid contents, goldenseal has a broad anti-bacterial spectrum; it is anti-biotic, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic and anti-diarrheal. Its berberine alkaloids are also powerful immune boosting agents.
- King of Bitters is a great natural cure for leaky gut as the herbs have potent therapeutic action. Its wide spectrum compasses: adaptogen, analgesic, antibacterial, antibiotic, anti-carcinogenic anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial antioxidant, anti-thrombotic, anti-viral. It serves as, blood purifier, digestive, prophylactic and vermicidal. The antibodies manufactured by the herbs destroy microbes and kill cancer cells. The powers of king of bitters could very well resist gut dybiosis.
- Kudzu belongs to the pea family and has shown some positive effects in decreasing desire for alcohol cravings. It promotes circulation, alleviating muscular pain and stiffness. Blood flowing in arteries are also heightened by this herb. The starch roots of the plants are rich in carbo which helps to balances the acidic nature of some foods. This results in a cooling and soothing effect in the digestive tracts, making it a natural cure for leaky gut.
- Liquorice is a Chinese herbal medicine that helps to improve the action of all the other herbs. It has the propensity to reverse auto-immune diseases. It reduces antiflammatory effects and fights toxic substances. Licorice Root is useful in treating boils, dehydration, diarrhea, eye diseases, headache, sore throat, and swellings from infections. It is one of the most effective leaky gut natural herbs.
- Marshmallow Roots make powerful herbs in curing digestive tract inflammation & ulceration and oral & pharyngeal mucosa. It has the potency to relieve oral mucus membranes irritation including that of the throat and intestines. Its natural sugar molecules form a covering film over mucosal tissues that are inflamed and irritated. Marshmallow roots also make valuable medication for crystitis and hiatus hernia.
- Peppermint Tea has a wide array of benefits. Its active ingredient called menthol has an anti-spasmodic effect, which gives immediate relief for upset stomachs. Studies have shown it to effectively treat IBS. When clinically administered, peppermint oil offers effective relief from symptoms of various types of stomach disorders.
- Slippery Elm comes from the inner bark of a type of elm tree. It has been used in South America as medication for several types of ailments. Aside from being effective in the treatment for coughs & respiratory problem, it is also effective in the digestive system. Slippery elm is a natural cure for leaky gut as it is good for inflammatory bowel disease, constipation and diarrhea. It is also used as a remedy for stomach pain because it gently coats the lining of the intestinal system.
- St. John’s wort is a popular herb in the United States. It is a well-known folk remedy for emotional disorders. It has the ability to balance digestive function as it is able to regulate the solar plexus which is a bundle of nerves controlling the digestive organs. With its anti-inflammatory property, it heals the stomach and intestine, making it an ideal natural cure for leaky gut.
Incoming search terms:
- herbs for leaky gut
- herbs to heal leaky gut
- best herbs for leaky gut
- leaky gut herbs